Michael Rys : The light at the end of the tunnel is bright sunshine!: "Enterprise Readiness:
* Multi-platform support: X32, X64 (WoW and native), IA64 Native, Numa Aware
* Multi-instance support with 7.0, 2000 and of course 2005
* Mobile, Tablet, Express (free), Workgroup, Standard and Enterprise ? If we don?t have it, you don?t need it?
* Table Partitioning ? partition by key easily ? drop a partition and add a new one, no need to delete millions of rows
* Upgrade Advisor ? (scan your existing 7.0 and 2000 servers and SP?s and get ready for an easy upgrade)
* SQL Server Management Studio ? built in the VS IDE and able to manage all services from one UI
* Enhanced Full Text Search ? Integrated backup/restore, thesaurus support, 100x faster for index build
* ONLINE: index build, page/file restore, concurrent log and db backup, memory add, fast recovery (online during rollback) ? all operations on-line?
* Column level encryption
* Off-by-default ? reduced attack space
* Code signing
* Vastly improved diagnostics ? Watson dumps allow us to fix 80% of customer issues ? NO CUSTOMER REPRO -, Dedicated admin thread, Dynamic Management"