Monday, May 28, 2007

Chris Pratley's OneNote Blog

I use OneNote regularly to track my day-to-day activities and various snippets from emails.  The WIN-S screenshot shortcut is invaluable when doing documentation.  I just installed 2007 and will have to see what new features come out of it.

I think there are some other people who have rave reviews of One Note, according to one of the founders of the product:

Another measure is "buzz" like the blog measure above. Are people talking about your product? If so, that's also a good sign. Notice there is a spike not just on the "news" of availability (around Jan 30) but there are higher spikes later - that's when people are using the product and talking about it. For examples of what people are saying, check out Dan's "blog roundup" posts: January, February, March, April. Some of my favorite quotes:

    "OneNote 2007 sharing is indistinguishable from magic"

    "I just purchased a copy of Microsoft OneNote, my life will never be the same."

But those are tame. Why not really go for it?

    "The Greatest Invention in Human History?  I vote for Microsoft OneNote"

    "I need Office OneNote 2007 to live."

And for the you-know-who crowd:

    "I can't believe I'm so excited over some program that M$ came up with. It's probably just all the adrenaline that's been pumping through me lately."

And we're just getting started!

Source: Chris Pratley's OneNote Blog

 

I just wish that they would expose the .one file format and a macro language so that we can write some custom code against it.  (Silverlight viewer, maybe?)

Will see if it's doable 2007.

No comments: