List of maintenance procedures.
EDIT: Updated link to the new version of isp_ALTER_INDEX.
Over the past couple of weeks, I have posted various database maintenance stored procedures. Here's a listing of them:
- isp_Backup - full, differential, and transaction log backups
- isp_DBCC_CHECKDB - perform integrity checks on all databases
- isp_ALTER_INDEX - defragments and rebuilds indexes (SQL Server 2005)
- isp_DBCC_INDEXDEFRAG - defragments indexes (SQL Server 2000)
- isp_DBCC_DBREINDEX - rebuilds indexes (SQL Server 2000)
- isp_UPDATE_STATISTICS - performs update statistics on each table in the database
- isp_DeleteBackupHistory - delete backup history from msdb backup system tables
- isp_Restore - restore newest BAK file in specified directory
Do not put these in the master database. An Admin database should be created where non-application specific objects are put. All of the stored procedures are designed so that they do not need to be in any particular database.
Use them at your own risk. If you don't use them, at the very least create your own. Don't use the maintenance plan wizards or the sqlmaint utility!