Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Andy Leonard : Introducing Change Data Capture, SSIS, and SQL Server 2008 CTP5 (Nov 2007)


I'm currently working with an AS/400-based CDC system.  MS has jumped into the pond with built-in CDC in 2008.

Introducing Change Data Capture, SSIS, and SQL Server 2008 CTP5 (Nov 2007)

Introduction

On Thursday, 24 Jan 2008, I presented New Features In SSIS 2008 to the Richmond SQL Server Users Group.

Most of the presentation was dedicated to demonstrating Change Data Capture (CDC) interacting with SQL Server 2008 Integration Services. I started seriously working on this demo the first week of January, thinking I'd put 2 - 6 hours into it to get it running using the detailed instructions in Books Online. Things were going relatively well working through the demo until I hit calls from SSIS to table-valued functions created by CDC.

Andy Leonard : Introducing Change Data Capture, SSIS, and SQL Server 2008 CTP5 (Nov 2007)

No comments: