Thursday, October 02, 2008

Hey Scripting Guy! How Can I Write to Excel Without Using Excel?

The scripting guy answers this question.

How Can I Write to Excel Without Using Excel?

Hey, Scripting Guy! Question

Hey, Scripting Guy! I need to be able to write information to an Excel file. I do not want to install Microsoft Office Excel on my server, but the spreadsheet format is a nice way to store information. I can then give it to my pointy-headed boss, and he can create pivot tables, charts, or whatever exactly it is he does all day. Basically, I think if I give him lots of data, he will leave me alone and let me do my job. Can you help?

Hey Scripting Guy! How Can I Write to Excel Without Using Excel?

How Can I Read from Excel Without Using Excel?

Hey, Scripting Guy! Question

Hey, Scripting Guy! I have an Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet with server names in it, and I would like to be able to use this in a Windows PowerShell script. The thing is, I do not have Microsoft Office or Excel installed on the server. How can I use this spread sheet without installing Office on my server (which I understand is unsupported anyway)?

 

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/sept08/hey0911.mspx

No comments: